Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
This peanut butter chocolate chip cookie recipe is so incredibly simple to make and the cookies are insanely moreish.
Dunk them in your tea or serve them up with a glass of milk. Be careful not to be the one in your family found at midnight with your hand in the cookie jar.
These peanut butter chocolate cookies are gluten free and dairy free but they do contain egg.
This recipe makes 16 cookies and they will store up to a week in an airtight container.
- 220g smooth peanut butter
- 90g soft light brown sugar
- 10g caster sugar
- ½ tsp of bicarbonate of soda
- Pinch of fine sea salt
- 1 large egg or vegan substitute*
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 55g dark chocolate chips.
- Pre heat the oven to 180C/160C fan.
- Line a flat baking tray/sheet with baking paper.
- In a bowl mix together the peanut butter, brown sugar, bicarb and salt until fully combined.
- Gently beat in the egg and vanilla extract.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Place heaped tablespoons of the peanut butter chocolate chip cookie dough onto the lined sheets 4-5cm apart.
- Bake for 10 minutes until the cookies are slightly darker on the edges.
- When the peanut butter chocolate chip cookies come out the oven, they are incredibly fragile so leave to cool on baking sheets for 10 minutes.
- Transfer the cookies to a wire rack and leave to cool for a further 10 minutes. If you are like me nibble one or two while you wait for the others to cool.