Peanut Butter Banana Bread Recipe - Vegan
This peanut butter banana bread recipe creates a fabulous homemade treat that can be enjoyed any time of day. The earthy depth of nutmeg, cinnamon and allspice melt in the mouth when paired with our slow roasted smooth peanut butter.
This is an incredibly simple but deliciously rewarding recipe that all the family can help make.
- 3 large very ripe bananas
- 60ml oil (Sunflower, vegetable or olive oil)
- 75g brown sugar
- 100g smooth peanut butter
- 250g flour of choice (we use plain flour) sieved.
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp allspice
- 1 good pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 180C fan, 200C no fan, or gas mark 6.
- Grease and line a loaf tin with baking paper.
- Mash the bananas and sugar with a fork.
- Add the oil and peanut butter and whisk until everything is combined.
- Add the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice and pinch of salt and fold in with a spatula. (Optional: add extra peanuts if you desire more bite – 50g will be enough to bring a crisp crunch).
- Transfer the banana bread mixture to the lined loaf tin, cover the top with foil and bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove foil lid and bake for a further 15-20 minutes, or until knife or skewer come out clean.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool in tin for 10 minutes, as it is incredibly delicate while warm, before transferring to a wire rack.
- Wait a further 10 minutes, if you can, before slicing.
Slice thickly or thinly whichever you prefer. Cover with smooth or crunchy peanut butter and enjoy.