FREE UK delivery on all orders over £35
Vegan Cacao & Hazelnut Butter Flapjacks
For a healthy pre or post work out snack try making this vegan Cacao & Hazelnut butter flapjack recipe. High in protein, fibre, healthy fats and slow release carbs these flap jacks give you that boost of energy.
With just 5 simple ingredients these nut butter flapjacks are quick to make and taste delicious.
Ingredients (makes 12 portions):
- 2 Ripe Bananas
- 160g Cacao & Hazelnut Butter
- 40g flaked almonds
- 1 tbsp Maple Syrup (or Honey)
- 150g Large Rolled Oats
- Preheat the oven to 155C (175 on a non-fan oven)
- Grease an 8” square baking tray and line with baking paper.
- Mash the banana.
- Add the Cacao & Hazelnut butter and maple syrup to the banana and mix until smooth.
- Add the almonds and oats and stir until combined.
- With a spatula evenly spread and flatten the flapjack mix into the lined baking tray.
- Bake at 175 degrees centigrade (or 155 if you have a fan oven) for 25 minutes or until the edges of the Cacao & Hazelnut flapjacks are lightly browned.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely before cutting the bars.
Store in an airtight container at room temperature for 5 days or freeze for up to three months.