Coconut Cardamom Cashew Butter Blondie Recipe – Vegan
This Coconut Cardamom Cashew Butter Blondie recipe may not be as broodingly dark as their brownie cousins but they are lusciously creamy and gloriously gooey.
I absolutely love them with a fresh cup of coffee in the morning or as an after dinner treat.
The following recipe makes 16 Cashew Coconut Cardamom Blondies.
Use a an 8” square baking tray.
- 240g Butter Beans (1 can drained)
- 150g Medjool Dates
- 100g Coconut Cardamom Cashew Butter
- 125ml Soy Milk (or milk of choice)
- 75g Buckwheat Flour
- 30g Desiccated coconut
Optional (for decoration):
- Jam of choice
- More desiccated coconut
- Preheat oven to 180C fan, 200C no fan, or gas mark 6.
- Grease and line the tin with baking paper.
- Pitt the dates. Place them in a bowl and cover with boiling water. Leave for 10 minutes to soak.
- Drain the butter beans and rinse well. Wrap gently in a clean tea towel and pat dry. Add to mixing bowl or food processor.
- Add the Cashew Coconut Cardamom, desiccated coconut and soy milk to the beans.
- Drain the dates and add them into the mixing bowl with the other ingredients.
- Blend until velvety smooth.
- If using a food processor transfer the mixture into a large bowl.
- Fold in the buckwheat flour.
- Transfer the raw Cashew Coconut Cardamom Blondie mixture into the baking tray and spread out with a spatula until evenly distributed.
- Bake in the oven at 180 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
- Leave to cool in the baking tray for 5 minutes before turning out onto a wire cooling rack. leave to cool on a wire rack for a further 10 minutes (if you can!).
Generously spread your favorite jam on top and sprinkle with desiccated coconut. A dark berry jam will gloriously complement the sweet creaminess of the blondie.