Cashew Maple Turmeric Dressing – Vegan
This simple but boldly aromatic Cashew Maple Turmeric dressing will liven up your salads or will work wonderfully as a marinade for chicken, fish or tofu.
For the Cashew Maple Turmeric dressing:
- 50g Cashew Maple Turmeric Nut Butter
- 40ml Red Wine Vinegar
- 2 tsp wholegrain mustard
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
For the fennel & Goji berry salad
- 1 Fennel Bulb
- 100g Rocket (or salad leaf of choice)
- 10 Mangetout
- 60g Dried Goji Berries
- 1 Yellow Bell Pepper
- In a mixing bowl pour in the red wine vinegar, lemon juice, wholegrain mustard and Cashew Maple Turmeric. Using a teaspoon combine the ingredients until the Cashew Maple Turmeric has melted into the other ingredients.
- Using a sharp knife slice the fennel bulb in half and place one half flat side down and finely slice the fennel into delicate wisps (use a mandolin for finer slices if you have one). Place in a mixing bowl.
- Pour the dressing over the fennel allowing it to soak up the zingy flavours, while you prepare the other ingredients.
- Julienne the mange-tout and yellow bell pepper. Place in the mixing bowl with the fennel.
- Add the rocket and goji berries to the mixing bowl.
- Toss all the ingredients together until they are well covered.
Serve as a side salad with a chicken breast or go full veggie/vegan with oven roasted aubergine & potatoes.